Mylania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A planet which is built on the dreams of Shinobi and Magicians. A coexisting world which has its ups and downs even to this day. A Region based roleplay.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Admin, make sure to point your attention towards the notepad of the administration panel. Feel free to address any issues and problems there.
Latest topics
» Phantasmagoria & Malfortuna
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Friday Malfortuna XIII Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

» The Birth of a New Elysium (Anyone Welcome)
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Ken Aburame Sat May 05, 2018 7:48 pm

» Making the entrance
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Jaden Yamada Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

» Trials of King Chusin
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Chusin Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 pm

» RTE: The true 1st strike; Red Warrior
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Kyoshi Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:05 am

» Meeting the forest guardian
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Maya Ayanagi Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 am

» Completely, Absolutely, Utterly Out of Time
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Calamity Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:22 am

» I'm here boss
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Chusin Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm

» Enter Kamui: Dimentional Lineage
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Shadow Uchiha Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 pm

» Emergence into the Crystal Forest
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby S. Archer Maximo Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 am

» So Long, Adieu~
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby The Necromancer Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:55 pm

» Storm watch
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Sora Takudo Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:56 am

» May I be of assistance?
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Alraune Rozalyn Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm

» Not the return we expected...
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Kyoshi Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:27 pm

» Martial Magic
Temporary admin meeting Emptyby Shadow Uchiha Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:12 am

Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 56 on Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posters
Shadow Uchiha (183)
Temporary admin meeting I_vote_lcapTemporary admin meeting I_voting_barTemporary admin meeting I_vote_rcap 
Wheel of Fate (134)
Temporary admin meeting I_vote_lcapTemporary admin meeting I_voting_barTemporary admin meeting I_vote_rcap 
Dente Wolfheart (126)
The Masked One (70)
Marcelle (69)
Kyoshi (64)
Gintama (64)
Slade Hyuga (60)
Synapsys (58)
Gemini Rose (54)

Temporary admin meeting

Go down 
+3
Dente Wolfheart
Shadow Uchiha
Kaitlyn Ca'vone
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaitlyn Ca'vone

Kaitlyn Ca'vone

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

Temporary admin meeting Empty
PostSubject: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm on my phone so I will get right to the point. That dragon cave nonsense needs to be removed or moved to a specific village. The Naruto universe is not canon on this site sup places and people should be regulated inner village only. The sage of six paths, Orochimari, etc are not apart of the Mylania history. I don't care if you make it part of your village lore, however it will not be part of the main sites lore.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
True Uchiha :: Tsuchikage
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Arc Limit: Eternal Mangekyoū Sharingan
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm

And why not? It's inaccessible so I don't see why it is a big deal? It's basically an addition to the other spiritual realm.
Back to top Go down
Dente Wolfheart
Solidum Furor :::: Reijikage
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:24 pm

I figured the whole point of this site, was to remove, or at least put a severe damper on the amount of canon copy-paste that plagued the other site. In all actuality, I do believe that even the inner villages themselves should have some depth of ORIGINAL creativity. From what I've been seeing, this is legitimately an act of plagiarism and infringement. I want it to be removed completely, because there is no depth of originality whatsoever. This is all something that was taken from the Naruto universe and wasn't augmented in any way, shape or form, to make it acceptable for the creative goals set for the site. This canon stuff needs to stop and be removed now.
Back to top Go down
Dente Wolfheart
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:33 pm

An add-on to Kaitlyn's/Kyo's post, he wants to keep the main site original i.e. the front page of what everybody sees from the villages, main areas, etc. He doesn't care if you have that stuff canon to YOUR village, but keep it out of the main site.
Back to top Go down
Chusin
Genin Of Terrace
Genin Of Terrace
Chusin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:48 pm

Look Shadow, I can't tell you what to do, but if you're gonna copy something, please change the names around or something. I mean at least do that much, cause C&P just isn't fun xp
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 pm

I understand your plight guys, but this originality thing is seeming like a dictatorship between the 'big three' (I.E Kyo, Dance and Sevyn) and I feel that it is getting a little bit out of hand. I remember when you guys weren't even here and it was okay to say the word naruto. I feel like this website doesn't get any views because of that rule. I think the people/public has the right to make whatever they want and not have to worry about people looking down their noses at the people that just want a little unoriginal action. Where's the justice? It's just demands from Kyo and you Dante comes back and sides with him. Personally I think it's unfair but apparently my vote doesn't count. And I only say this because this same thing keeps on happening with me and me only. So. I feel stepped on and walked over because nothing that I do, is ever right in the eyes of the 'Administration'. I'll state it again. This is EXACTLY why we only have a hundred people who are registered and only 8 go on. Not even regularly I might add. Maybe a change in the way we do things is in order.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 pm

And this wasn't even my character. So please. Stop assuming that this is mine.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm

But I moved the cave for your precious originality.
Back to top Go down
Yatsu Ötsutsuki
Villain
Villain
Yatsu Ötsutsuki

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

I realize that some people want originality on the site but y limit people freedoms on the site by not approving and removing people and places on the site. It frustrates me when people try to force originality just because you feel we should. If you want to go off of naruto or any other anime go for it they should be allowed to do what they please I thought that was the point of the site so you could make yhe characters you want without judgement and a long approvement process like ves thats why we made the site.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Exactly. I don't see what's wrong with the 'unoriginal' way of RPing.
Back to top Go down
Chusin
Genin Of Terrace
Genin Of Terrace
Chusin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:04 pm

If everyone just C&P then you'd have everyone saying I'm related to the SO6P or God is my papa. And we all know that everyone is gonna be related to the most broken character in history, rather it be anime or comic related.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:10 pm

1) this is an admin. Meeting. 2) it doesn't say ANYWHERE in the rules stating that you can't use things from anime or manga in role playing. So I am still struggling to see your leverage that you are using.. we aren't breaking the rules in the slightest
Back to top Go down
Dente Wolfheart
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 pm

You do realize this is addressing the canon aspect and the plagiarism that we just saw, right? This isn't a meeting about how the "Admins are all mean and are setting up a dictatorship." No, what we're doing is trying to promote creative growth into the minds of the PEOPLE who you claim to "fight" for. Are you aware that there IS no people other than You, Sevyn, Kyo, Chusin, Slade, and I, right? You are aware that we haven't promoted the site because it isn't even done nor tested? Which means that there are no views because we aren't ready to have the site out to the roleplaying public yet. Why do you think we're going through the extra effort to add things to the site that other roleplaying sites that are based solely off of canon aspects like Naruto, Bleach, and so on. The public, as you call them, are free to do whatever they want within the realm of their original creativity and NOT the copy and pasted works of OTHER PEOPLE.

This is what we're getting at, that you don't completely understand. All of the characters you or your brother have made, are people that are made to fight, and even have copyrighted moves that the characters they're based off of have. This isn't a battle site. This is a site where we have a mixture between a definitive story, character interactions, and life for these characters as a whole. This isn't a place where we want the whole Naruto aspect to be flying around and having canon/copyrighted works on such a degree, where the site, plus the characters, lose their sense of originality and creativity. The old site died specifically due to the reasons of constant unoriginal characters and the constant battle posts that were always going on.

Also, how dare you claim that the Administration is "barely" on. Are you aware that the first four villages, were something that were just taken from the old Mylania site? The others all technically have the same villages from the old site, except for me where I had to start it completely from scratch. From then on, all of the areas, down to the Circles of Hell, were ALL done by the work of Kyo and I. You have no right to say we're barely on. We worked tirelessly on the site and even created the bulk of the missions, NPCs, and other original aspects you see on this site. A change is needed. Not in the way how we do things, but in the way on how you do things.

I'm sorry to say this, but I look over the characters you and your brother create, but all of them are some form of character that is taken directly from Naruto. You might have changed up the first name, but not the last name, and even the history becomes similar to that of other characters from the anime. Yes, I am aware that there are other characters that are like this, but given a deeper look, you can see that a vast majority of things were worked around, or augmented to suit the needs of the site. This isn't a "let's all pick on Shadow" thing. This is ALL of us regulating what canon aspects are introduced to the site. People will not always want to see some overpowered villain running around trying to cause fights. People will not always want to see Naruto aspects flying around all willy-nilly. All of this that is occurring between us and you, is exactly what we're trying to prevent in the future of the site, for the betterment of it. If you don't like the way how we're doing things, then you're always welcomed to go back to the old site, and do things your way there.
Back to top Go down
Dente Wolfheart
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Chusin is an admin, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Chusin
Genin Of Terrace
Genin Of Terrace
Chusin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Well if that's you're logic for C&P, then shiiit, imma make The One Above All my father, since it's OK to do that.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 pm

I didn't say that you didn't do any of the work on the cite. Don't get all upset because people do things differently that you. I was aware of the villages being transferred from the old to the new, and I want to inform you that it isn't just the 7 people that you stated. I have a hand full of friends that play or should I say have played that stopped because they couldn't even get approved because of the administration. There are more people on here than you think. So please, don't think that this cite doesn't have any publicity because it does. And another thing to add, what if one doesn't have the imagination to create anything other than what they have seen on tv? I don't think you should be so narrow minded about these things.

Chusin, I apologize for my statement towards you, by the way.

I'm also not saying it's okay to copy and paste. I'm by no reason advocating the use of copy and paste but there should be a line between creating a different character with a Canon background and totally stomping it out. Because that's unreasonable. And the reason why the old cite failed wasn't because there were to many naruto terms being thrown around, there was too little going on. No one participated in any of the events and for those that did, no one else knew how to join into the fun. I'm just saying that there needs to be more going on so people from far and wide with different views on what is fun to play in can have a selection.
Back to top Go down
Chusin
Genin Of Terrace
Genin Of Terrace
Chusin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:33 pm

It's cool Lol, I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt to go beyond logic and do the impossible, and make your own jutsu and places.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm not saying I don't have creativity, I'm just saying that there isn't really any reason to start a war between the administration over some things on the cite. We all created this together. Regardless of if it came from something else or not
Back to top Go down
Chusin
Genin Of Terrace
Genin Of Terrace
Chusin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:46 pm

I can dig that
Back to top Go down
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Character sheet
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 pm

*thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Dente Wolfheart
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 pm

I hope you are aware, that one this site, there are only 3 characters on here that haven't been approved by us, the administration. Those characters belong to Khrona from Ves, Alex Star from Ves, and the General from Ves. No one else has been removed or disapproved, because either you or Jaden have approved these characters. I'm pretty sure if you visited the archive of expansion once, you'd see that all of the characters were approved. You must not be on the site or care much to try to say we haven't approved anybody. Your creativity excuse has to be the lamest excuse for wanting to copy and paste a person's work. I'm sorry, but even the most non-creative person in the world could work out their own logic, to create a character that runs off of their most original idea. There is no excuse for copyright infringement and plagiarism.

I'm not being narrow minded about anything. I've tried to understand your point of view and your position, but the logic and reasoning you give me, doesn't add up to allow me to be lenient on this situation. There is no being narrow minded when wanting to prevent plagiarism, or wanting to express creative growth for the site is the duty of an ADMIN. For your excuse about a person's creativity, the willingness to take criticism and to improve upon the character when given the suggestion, allows one to build creativity. When doing all of the cookie-cutter tactics and under handed tricks to try to attain a power, or background another copyrighted character has, then that is not promoting creative growth or originality, that is promoting plagiarism. There is no excuse for trying to create character with nearly identical canon background to another character from a T.V show. None.

You are advocating copyright infringement, if your excuse for doing such actions is "the person has little to no creativity," then you are absolutely advocating the use of uncredited work on the site.
Back to top Go down
Kyoshi

Kyoshi

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 am

There's a big difference between originality and creativity. If you can't be creative, then you have no reason to be on this site, plain and simple as that. Not everyone can be competely original which is understandable. However, having "creative liberties" is okay.

Yatsu is nothing but most of the most broken abilities from Naruto thrown into a bull crap character. For one, it's a villain, but for what purpose? There does not need to be a character running around causing random bullshit for no reason while also doing nothing but fighting, fighting, and more fighting.

Having an original character is great. But if you can't and you just need to take some canon things, be creative with it.

Again, if someone can't make a character themselves and have to completely copy a character/story/or move list from a canon source, then they should either ask for help or just not RP here. It may sound unfair, however, there have been plenty of people who I want to come to the site who sees something Naruto based and become intimidated or apprehensive about rp'ing here.

This site is meant to be more than a fighting site. More than a ninja site. Definitely more than a canon site. It's meant to be a world in and of itself. If things from canon cameo here, that's alright, but it's definitely not going to be part of the main site itself.

Back to top Go down
Sevyn Tyn
Gran Maestro :::: The Lightning Shadow
Sevyn Tyn

Character sheet
Arc Limit: Kaminari asenshon
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Erm... Holy shit... I'm gone for like 3-4 days, and come into a kamikaze war.

Honestly, I can vouch for him saying that Yatsu is not his character. Also, I've given this some thought and honestly, I think its a little too early to be trying to hash out these details... or, late. First and foremost, this site needs a firm foundation. And, I think that everyone should stay in their zone, figure out where they wanna take their direction, and do that. As I see that this is a new site, things definitely need upbringing.

Shadow, you've been Rping since I started. We went through a lot before we could hash out certain details about this new hobby. But, I see you Rp now, and I definitely see a major improvement as far as writing skill. But, there are other things which come along with Rping and Me and You both could put a little more effort into interactions IC. Now, I'm not gonna hassle you on the originality thing, I think you've heard more than enough from me on the subject. But I will ask this, make a character that only you can call yours. A made up background, personality, race, and see for yourself how awesome it is to hold a different identity which you can control. Its great stuff, till you get writers block, in my case, I have to look for inspirations.

Now, guys, we should seriously take into account that we've gotta create some rules. I think, each place should have their own set of rules, cus, let's face it. There is no way everyone is going to like what goes on in a national site rulebook. If they would have, this topic wouldn't be created.

So, if this does become an effective course of action, I do side with the note that canon aspects should not be copy and pasted. Also, everything that is canon, needs to be rewritten to not take the name of already created documentation. It can and will get us in trouble.

So yeah. Any comments welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://mylania.rpg-board.net
Dente Wolfheart
Dente Wolfheart

Character sheet
Arc Limit:
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:33 am

Couldn't agree with you anymore, Sevyn. The only problem I sincerely want to avoid is the foundation getting destroyed it even gets started. For the foundation to be set, we do in fact need a national site rulebook. A rule we all end up going over and agreeing upon, while some of them are just common sense, but we have to put up regardless. I'm going to draft a few and send it to each and every admin, to get an opinion about each rule. I want us all to do the same as well so we're bouncing ideas off of each other. I personally believe doing something like this will keep an argument like this from happening again.

Now, as for what Kyo has stated before, whatever happens in the villages happens. Each village will have its own little set of rules and they have to be followed when rping within that particular village/area.

Your last point, Sevyn, was on point. I harm usually extremely harsh when it comes to canon aspects and things strictly canon that are brought to the site. That is something I'll definitely tone down a bit on, but in all honesty, there should be a lot more original characters and events being shown-off, instead of the typical bread and butter that shonen animes throw out everyday. Like you said, it can and will get us and the site in trouble, something of which I want us to avoid at all cost.
Back to top Go down
Sevyn Tyn
Sevyn Tyn

Character sheet
Arc Limit: Kaminari asenshon
Demon's/Heaven's Blade:
Brand:

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:53 pm

No apologies needed. Just hoping that everyone can work together in getting stuff done.
Back to top Go down
https://mylania.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary admin meeting   Temporary admin meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Temporary admin meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next